Location: Strathfield, Sydney, NSW, Australia.
Closing date: N/A.
Please contact Brie Pattison, Head of Christian Education, for more information or to register your interest.
- Head of Christian Education Department
This is a permanent full-time role commencing Term 1, 2023.
The Assistant Chaplain is responsible for assisting the Chaplaincy team in promoting Jesus and building strong faith through evangelism, discipleship, training and teaching within the Meriden community.
Experience and responsibilities
- Teach Stage 4 and 5 Christian Education classes with gospel clarity, creativity, conviction and care
- Contribute to the development of an innovative and effective Christian Education curriculum
- Plan, prepare and lead engaging student Bible studies, integrating theology, education and ministry practice
- Provide proactive pastoral care and support for students and staff
- Maintain a thorough and current understanding of best practice Christian education
- Develop strong relationships with students
- Communicate effectively and persuasively in a variety of contexts, including preaching
- Tertiary degree in theology
- Tertiary degree in education (or willingness to undertake such a qualification)
- Model authentic Christian faith and character
- Be theologically and pastorally astute
- Have a proven ability to teach the Bible winsomely and engagingly to students
- Demonstrate success in discipleship and ministry training
- Display excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and a high level of collaborative practice
Other skills and attributes
- A personal appearance and demeanour which represents the School in a positive way
- Clear and effective written and oral communication skills
- Effective time management skills and the ability to work independently with little direct supervision
- Excellent IT skills
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Loyalty to the School and the Principal