There are a number of ministry positions available for women. You can join our monthly e-newsletter via the subscribe section to stay informed about useful resources, upcoming events and recent job listings.
If you have a ministry position for a woman that encourages women in complementarian ministry, and you would like it advertised on this page (at no cost), please email Jane Tooher.
Note that some positions, such as some chaplains, require ordination to the diaconate. If you have questions about ordination, please contact Archdeacon Kara Hartley, who oversees the ministries of women in the Anglican diocese of Sydney.
Advertising a ministry position for women?
Not sure what to include in your ad? View an example:
Where to find other job vacancies
- Anglican Youthworks: mainly children & youth but administration positions as well
- With the Sydney Anglican Diocese: sydneyanglicans. (These include non-Bible teaching roles.)
- Anglicare: numerous voluntary and paid positions, and you can register for when positions come up that you’re interested in, e.g. type of ministry, full-time or part-time, paid or voluntary. Visit their job opportunities page, or go to “Volunteer with us” for voluntary positions.
- Anglican Education Commission
- Ministry Blue
- genr8ministries.org: supports school ministries in NSW. They have many 10-hour positions throughout the state.
- For UK positions: UK edition of The Briefing from Matthias Media / The Good Book Co. Positions vacant are advertised online.
- Evangelicals Now
- Pre-college apprenticeship positions in the UK
- Positions vacant for women in Christian organisations (mainly non Bible teaching positions): Christian Jobs Australia