The Priscilla and Aquila Centre Women’s Writing Award is to encourage women to engage in writing ministries. Winners may be published on the Priscilla & Aquila website and other platforms.
This award comprises two categories:
- Article with 800-1000 word (prose or poetry)
- Article with 2500-3000 word (prose not poetry)
General eligibility information
- All articles for both categories are on one of the following broad areas:
- Biblical Studies
- Christian Thought
- Church History
- Ministry Practice
- The work must be original.
- The work must not have been previously published.
- The work must be in English.
There is no limit to the number of submissions an applicant can make.
Eligibility of the applicant
To be eligible for this award, applicants must demonstrate a piece of writing of a popular-academic level or an academic level that would champion the Christian faith in some way.
On top of the above, the foundation criteria for this award are as follows:
- All applicants are to be actively engaged in ministry (vocational or volunteer, and may be a student)
- Applicants must be female
Each year, up to three awards to be distributed, of 2 x $1000 each for the 800-1000 words and 1 x $2,500 for the 2500-3000 words, pending funds available.
- Any woman cannot win the award for more than two years running
All winners are to be chosen by the Director of the Priscilla & Aquila Centre, who may seek help from three out of a pool of ten in making the decision. The pool chosen is at the discretion of the Director. The decision of the Director is final.
- The Priscilla & Aquila Centre Centre reserves the right not to award the prize in any given year.
- Winners of the award will be those who, in the opinion of the Director, are judged to be
- of publishable quality (website rather than theological journal but may be theological journal)
- edifying in terms of either a challenge or encouragement to faith and godly discipleship
- consistent with Christian faith in its evangelical and reformed expression
- substantially the work of the applicant.
- Unsuccessful applicants may still be invited to publish their work on the P&A website at the discretion of the Director.
- If a winning paper is published on an external platform, it needs to be noted as ‘Originally submitted to the Priscilla & Aquila Centre’s Women’s Writing Award’.
Individual online submissions
- Complete the online entry form
Entry in the Priscilla & Aquila Centre’s Women’s Writing Award is free of charge.
Entries close: 1 December every year
Winners announced: Priscilla & Aquila Centre Annual Conference